The technology has evolved a lot. Currently, it is already possible to transfer data from an old Android phone to a new one in a few minutes, even if they are from different manufacturers. That way you don’t lose your contacts, photos, music and important files. Below, I will show you how to do this.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To perform data transfer, you need to install dr.fone on your computer — the software is available for Windows and Mac . It allows you to copy different types of files from one phone to another, such as call log, SMS, photos, music and more.
It is important to emphasize that the transfer time depends on the amount of information you want to migrate to the new model. If you want to transfer a lot of data, in addition to the process taking time to complete, the new cell phone also needs to have enough storage to receive the files.
That said, follow the instructions below to learn how to transfer data from one Android to another:
- Enter the clipboard :Open the program and click on “Transfer Cell Phone”;
- Connect old cell phone:Plug your old device into your computer and wait for the software to read the data — you might need to turn on USB debugging ;
- Select what you want to transfer:The program will show you a list of files that can be transferred. Click on the “boxes” to mark what you want to copy;
- Connect the new cell phone and transfer:Connect your new cell phone to your computer and wait. Once the program recognizes you, click on “Start Transfer”.
How to transfer data with Google account
dr.fone transfers different types of files, but if you just want to copy contacts, photos and calendar appointments, for example, the Google account can help. Through a simple synchronization, your information will be saved in the cloud and will be available on the other device after login .
- Open the phone settings menu;
- Tap “Accounts & Sync” and then “Google”;
- Choose the account you want to sync;
- Tap on the three dots and then on “Sync Now”.
Okay, now you know how to transfer data from one Android to another. By doing this, you can avoid losing important files when you need to switch phones.